About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (South Africa)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI adopts a data-centric and evidence-based approach to all aspects of our work. For our anti-trafficking program, we collect, verify, and analyze data about victims and suspected traffickers, using our own software, which helps to provide insight into traffickers’ strategies and to evaluate our work. For our children’s ministry, we implemented a comprehensive assessment strategy, aimed at measuring 14 different developmental outcomes in our children, including academic performance, emotional stability, and pro-social behavior, comparing them to control groups in Nepal.
The primary duty of the Data Scientist is to bring scientific and statistical methodologies to bear on the evaluation and execution of key program strategies. The Data Scientist will report to the President. The position is based in South Africa. All candidates should be willing to travel one to two months per year (spread over multiple shorter trips).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help build and continually improve predictive assessments used for hiring in a variety of positions
- Finding ways to objectively measure the positive outcomes in children in our homes against the wider population.
- Helping us maximize the effective and intelligent use of statistical tools in analyzing our anti-trafficking data and migration survey data in order to help us more effectively prevent human trafficking and lead people toward safe and prosperous foreign employment.
- Using scientific and mathematical tools to optimize decision-making and policy formulation in all areas of our work.
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of assessing complex issues and finding systematic solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously
- A master's degree or higher (doctoral degree preferred) in data science, research methods, statistics in the social sciences, or a related field
- Proficiency in Python, R or an equivalent programming language