International Finance Officer
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (South Africa)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI's anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported—when victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detection—and before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence which can be used to assist police in the apprehension of suspects and to better understand trafficking methods. To date, we have intercepted over 30,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked. More than 1,000 arrests have stemmed from our anti-trafficking work with 32% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
LJI continues to expand its transit-monitoring work throughout the world. The International Finance Officer will ensure that all fields are following international accounting and Love Justice standards and will verify that they are spending money for the purpose for which it was given. The International Finance Officer will report to the Finance Director and coordinate closely with the Anti-trafficking Regional Stewards.
This position will be based in Ballito, South Africa. This position may also likely involve travel to our different fields.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duties and responsibilities of the International Finance Officer are the following:
- Setting up each field office with Quickbooks and training relevant staff on how to use it, ensuring that staff are using it correctly, and assisting with any ongoing problems
- Ensuring that each field is filling out the appropriate monthly paperwork to track how actual spending aligns with the purposes for which it was given
- Adapting and implementing a corruption prevention policy in each field office
- Utilizing basic quantitative reasoning skills to understand and improve upon LJI’s financial processes
- Other duties as assigned by Finance Director and Regional Directors
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- Sensitivity to different cultures, with the ability to work well in cross-cultural contexts
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and willing to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Ideal candidates will also have considerable knowledge of Excel and help maintain and develop a number of complex spreadsheets