Love Justice School Administrator
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (South Asia)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI operates 17 family homes and one hostel for orphaned and abandoned children in Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. Our primary objective is to help these children become difference-makers in their nation. The Love Justice School, located in Nepal, plays a significant role in that by inspiring our students to become independent thinkers, adept problem solvers, and passionate difference makers in the world by preparing their hearts, minds, and souls through excellent education. This unique school has both Nepali and expat teachers and aims to implement the most research-backed educational methods from around the world to achieve a truly "kingdom class" education.
LJI is seeking a dedicated and motivated leader to help this school achieve the level of biblical excellence to which we are called. If this can be done, LJI intends to scale this model (a school at the center of multiple family homes for orphaned children) up and implement it around the world.
This position is located in Nepal and reports to the CEO. Ideal candidates will have both a robust preference for research-backed methodologies and a heart and mind to dream about everything that education can be.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the local administrator to ensure that day-to-day operations are effective and moving towards the strategic objectives of the school
- Hiring and overseeing expat teachers and facilitating the hiring, training, assessing, and empowerment of local teachers
- Developing long-range plans for the educational and operational programs of the school in order to provide high-quality educational offerings
- Directing the education program and operations of the school in conjunction with others on the administrative team
- Working with the local administrator to direct the business aspects of the school, including the following areas: payroll, budgeting, accounting and purchasing services, maintenance, transportation, facility construction and renovation, and other general school business activities
- Supervising methods of teaching and the curriculum and staff development program, including ongoing revision of curriculum guides, textbooks, and other materials
- Developing and implementing educational evaluation and testing programs
- Managing any other duties as assigned by the President
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- Bachelor's degree or higher (preferably in education), along with school administration and teaching experience (overseas preferred but not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and problem solving skills; basic quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Teachable, willing to learn from others
- A strong passion for children and education
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and working in cross-cultural contexts