Love Justice School Teacher
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (South Asia)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI operates 17 family homes and one hostel for orphaned and abandoned children in Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. Our primary objective is to help these children become difference-makers in their nation. The Love Justice School, located in Nepal, plays a significant role in that by inspiring our students to become independent thinkers, adept problem solvers, and passionate difference makers in the world by preparing their hearts, minds, and souls through excellent education. This unique school has both Nepali and expat teachers and aims to implement the most research-backed educational methods from around the world to provide an education that is truly "Kingdom class”.
LJI is seeking a dedicated and motivated teacher to inspire our students to be independent-thinking problem solvers with a passion to learn and become difference makers in the world.
This position is located in Pokhara, Nepal and reports to the Love Justice Partner School Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching classes at the school according to education, experience, and preference
- Preparing daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines and as requested by the Curriculum Director
- Maintaining productive working habits and discipline in the classroom
- Adhering to all relevant school and LJI standards and policies
- Attending staff meetings and training/development sessions
- Assessing and evaluating students' educational progress and abilities
- Discussing students' progress with parents and guardians, administrators, and others as necessary
- (Optional, but preferred): managing extracurricular activities, such as coaching a sports team or starting/leading a club
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Basic quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Teachable, willing to learn from others
- A strong passion for children's development, children's rights, and justice
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and working in cross-cultural contexts
- Teaching experience and overseas experience preferred but not required