Orphan Care Field Officer
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (South Asia or South Africa)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI operates 17 family homes for orphaned and abandoned children and one young adult hostel in Nepal, Bangladesh, and India, providing for over 200 children. Our mission is to help them become difference-makers for Christ by providing stable, loving, family-like homes that are developmentally enriching in every way.
LJI has adopted certain “core processes” to ensure excellence in the care we provide our children, including: our Children’s Futures Program to help our adolescents transition successfully into young adulthood; extracurricular programs, such as a Bible study and an art partnership with another local non-profit organization; and other new project ideas to enhance the overall effectiveness of our Family Home Program.
The role of an Orphan Care Field Officer is to help install and monitor compliance of these core processes. This position offers candidates the unique opportunity to apply their practical knowledge and skills to make a difference in the lives of orphans around the world. The core processes for which the Field Officer will be responsible would depend on her area(s) of professional expertise. Relevant fields include business, finance, accounting, counseling, training, child records, and assessments.
This position will report to the Family Home Director and is based overseas (options to be based in Nepal or South Africa). Travel to homes in other countries may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Core Process Installation - Field Officers will work closely with LJI core process Leads and Family Homes leadership to install necessary core processes.
- Core Process Compliance - After the installation of a core process, Field Officers will be assigned one or more core processes for which they will assist the core process Lead in closely tracking compliance.
- Follow up training will often stem from this compliance monitoring work and Field Officers will be expected to take initiative to ensure our national partners understand what is required of them.
- Family Homes Pilot Projects - As a member of the family homes program team, Field Officers will remain available to assist in new project ideas. A particular Field Officer’s passions, skills, and expertise will be taken into account.
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Logical reasoning, problem-solving, and basic quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and willing to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- A strong passion for children’s development, children’s rights, and justice
- Experience in finance, accounting, legal, human resources, or human assessments preferred
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree or higher is preferred