Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Program and Position Overview: LJI's anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported—when victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detection—and before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence which can be used to assist police in the apprehension of suspects and to better understand trafficking methods. To multiply the impact in countries we’ve launched investigations teams and conducted police trainings. To date, we have intercepted over 35,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked. More than 1,200 arrests have stemmed from our anti-trafficking work with 33% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
To ensure excellence among our field offices in Asia and Africa, Love Justice has developed more than 30 "core processes" to implement in each office to monitor performance and compliance. These processes involve a variety of different areas, such as budgeting and financial reporting, administration and human resources, data collection and compliance, security audit and investigations, shelter care, and legal cases.
The role of the Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking is to oversee the entire organization’s anti-trafficking division by empowering and leading the LJI Regional Stewards and driving forward expansion while also striving to hit our “1 Year Goal” of $120 per intercept.
The Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking will report to the CEO. The position will be based in Ballito, South Africa. This position will involve frequent travel to our different fields.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking are the following:
- Guide and lead the LJI Regional Stewards (who directly “steward” our fields–interacting more directly with country leadership)--may also temporarily steward new countries where there is not a Regional Steward in place
- Oversee the overall anti-trafficking budget
- Drive forward transit monitoring expansion while also seeking to hit our 1 Year Goal of $120 per intercept
- Oversee investigations and the scaling of impact multiplying strategies (e.g., investigations teams, police training and liaison programs, etc)
- Participate in leadership teams
- Participate as a “Lead” of core processes within expertise and stakeholder on others
- Assist with grant operations for related anti-trafficking projects
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
Qualifications: The qualifications for this position are the following:
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree; master's degree (or higher) in a relevant field preferred
- Significant experience in project management and leading teams–particularly in cross cultural environments
- Ability to work well in cross-cultural contexts and sensitivity to different cultures
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- High standard of personal discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with working with complex spreadsheets preferred
- Ability to work well within a group setting and maintain a positive outlook while working within challenging circumstance