Senior Graphic Design Volunteer
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Part time; Volunteer; Remote
Program and Position Overview: LJI's anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported—when victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detection—and before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence which can be used to assist police in the apprehension of suspects and to better understand trafficking methods. To date, we have intercepted over 30,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked. More than 1,000 arrests have stemmed from our anti-trafficking work with 32% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
To ensure excellence among our field offices in Asia and Africa, Love Justice has developed more than 30 "core processes" to implement in each office to monitor performance and compliance. These processes involve a variety of different areas, such as budgeting and financial reporting, administration and human resources, data collection and compliance, security audit and investigations, shelter care, and legal cases.
Our aim is that every aspect of our work will be done with excellence and this includes the design elements of our materials and training resources (related to our core processes). While we do have a brand guide to ensure that there is a similar look and feel to resources throughout the organization, there will be opportunities for the Senior Graphic Design Volunteer to utilize their creativity.
The Senior Graphic Design Volunteer will report to the Lead Writer and Content Manager. The duration of this volunteer opportunity is flexible, but we ask for a minimum commitment of 100 hours. Please include a brief cover letter, resume, and work samples with your application.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior Graphic Design Volunteer are the following:
- “Beautifying” organizational documents using images and design (conforming with our LJI brand guide)
- Improving training slide decks (to be more engaging and attractive)
- Proposing designs for logos or images (as needed)
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our Primary Identity is in Christ
- We Believe God Is Sovereign Over Injustice
- We Are Made, Called, and Led By Christ
- We Commit to Connect with Jesus
- Prayer Should Be Central To Our Work
- Our Conduct Is Our Testimony
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred
- Significant experience in creative design work
- Proficient in Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- High standard of personal discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills