About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization and our mission is sharing the love of Jesus Christ by fighting the world’s greatest injustices. We do this in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We are seeking faithful, compassionate, thoughtful problem-solvers who are able to think deeply and carefully about how we can share Christ's love by fighting injustice. You can make more money elsewhere, and probably find better ways to live an easier, more comfortable life. We see this work as more than just a job, but as a calling to that mission. If you are called to our mission and want to find out how you can fit into our work, apply today!
Love Justice International is a certified Best Christian Workplace in 2021 and 2022. Click here for more information about us.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised; Overseas
If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Program and Position Overview: To ensure excellence among our field offices in Asia and Africa, Love Justice has developed more than 45 "core processes" to implement in each office to monitor performance and compliance. These processes span a variety of different areas, such as budgeting and financial reporting, administration and human resources, data collection and compliance, security audit and investigations, shelter care, and legal cases. Many of these core processes involve the use of spreadsheets (varying in complexity) to track different pieces of data.
Love Justice adopts a data-centric approach to all of our work which leads us to tracking data in a variety of ways. While we do have custom-built software for tracking some of our key data, we are constantly coming up with new ideas that lead us to an approach that starts with tracking data in spreadsheets (particularly Google Sheets). Many of these spreadsheets are integral to our work.
The Spreadsheet Specialist will work to both maintain and improve key spreadsheets while also working with stakeholders to create new spreadsheets as required. In some cases the Spreadsheet Specialist will need to use Google Apps Scripts or Python to provide the functionality necessary.
The position will be preferably be based in Ballito, South Africa but we are open to remote candidates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duties and responsibilities of the Spreadsheet Specialist are the following:
- Communicate with stakeholders to gather requirements
- Develop new spreadsheets in and maintain existing spreadsheets in an organized manner
- Write Google Apps Scripts to manipulate and store data
- Create formulas to perform complex analysis of data across multiple sheets
- Occasionally use Python to run complex calculations to increase performance
The duties listed above are conducted within a work culture that is striving to emulate Christ and make him first and central. Staff should agree with the following ideas included in what it means to us to Abide in Christ (our first Global Value):
- Our primary identity is in Christ
- We believe God is sovereign over injustice
- We are made, called, and led by Christ
- We commit to connect with Jesus
- Prayer should be central to our work
- Our conduct is our testimony
Qualifications: The qualifications for this position are the following:
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with our Global Value to “Abide in Christ”
- Knowledge, understanding, and agreement with how the Christian Gospel ministers to “the least of these” (Matthew 25:40) and guides us in our mission
- Agreement with our Core Value “Be the Kingdom”(both in the execution of our mission and in our personal lives)
- Acknowledgement of our Statement of Faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- High standard of personal discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with working with complex spreadsheets
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Google Apps Scripts
- Proficiency with Python preferred
- Ability to work well within a group setting and maintain a positive outlook while working within challenging circumstances